Monday, June 18, 2012

Fabric Silhouette Tutorial


I decided a wall of dachshund silhouettes would be the perfect addition to my living room. And then I found this cute little sign "A dog's tail never lies" and couldn't pass it up! Especially since I already had these dog butts from Ikea, which I've had for over a year and hadn't found the perfect spot for them until now.
Below is the tutorial on how I did it so you can make your own silhouettes.


Print off an image the size you would like your silhouette to be
Cut out a piece of the silhouette fabric a little bigger than the stencil you created




Iron on heat n bond to the back of the silhouette fabric


Pin the stencil on top of the heat n bonded fabric and carefully cut out




Use the glass from the frame to trace out the background fabric
Iron the silhouette to the middle of the background piece


And frame!



No comments:

Post a Comment