Sunday, September 16, 2012

Shades of Grey


The aspiring fashion designer within me is kind of obsessed with the show Project Runway. I would love the chance to go on that show (along with Craft Wars - my other tv obsession!!). So I was watching Project Runway a few weeks ago and saw this grey dress and knew I had to make it. The design was totally my style. So I went and got fabric right away... but didn't actually get to the sewing until this weekend.


From the current season of Project Runway, Fabio Costa's dress and my inspiration


I decided to make my design just a tad different. I started by sketching the design. Then I made a simple pattern for the bodice pieces and started sewing away.


The final product (the details don't show up in the pictures very well).
But I have to admit... its a pretty AWESOME dress which I can't wait to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment