Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Impressionable?


im-pres-sion-a-ble:
Adjective: Easily impressed or influenced; susceptible

That word is what got me here today. Welcome to my blog. I have a good friend to thank for this blog. I'll start by saying I love to take on challenges. Put a little bug in my ear and "challenge accepted" as Barney would say on How I Met Your Mother. I really am an entrepreneur at heart. I have big dreams and in every idea I see such great potential. So this blog idea started only 3 days ago and here I am. My friend Stephanie said "Ams you know what you really really need to do in all seriousness?" and I thought to myself, "Oh no..." I say that because I get a lot of random requests for tasks/ parties/ misc jobs/sewing bridesmaids dresses ;)/ etc. And then she said "Start a blog". My initial reaction was "I do not have time for a blog... That's a lot of work." But then I just couldn't stop thinking about how much fun I would have blogging and documenting all the creative stuff I do. I've gotten so busy lately that I rarely take pictures. Back in high school I took pictures everyday! I have scrapbooks documenting everything... literally, even a trip to Whataburger. Another great thing I see about this blog is it will challenge me to use my unique creativity more. I love me some Pinterest, don't get me wrong, but it makes it so easy to just copy others ideas. When I needed an idea in the past, I would search around and get inspiration from things and come up with my unique idea. Now, with such a busy schedule, I look to Pinterest :) I challenge myself to not copy, take inspiration from, and share with the World my Amy O-riginals (like my Mom likes to call them). I invite you to Follow Me in my new journey of blogging.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whooo hooo go ams I bet one day we are going to look back and see how awesome it is that you started this and how far you have gotten with everything you do! You are so amazing :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete